Monday, November 14, 2011

Final Project Blog #1

My thought process up for this final project went from a cluster of things down to just a few really quickly. When I first read about the final project I thought there was a million things I could do, The thought of having a "Big Idea" was almost overwhelming. I thought no way Im going to be able to narrow this broad topic down in a short amount of time, but within minutes I was simply reminded that you do not have to reinvent the wheel. Meaning I could take a topic from a previous project and make a few changes to it. Thus, my thought process on my "Big Idea" was finally narrowed down. I decided to use the "Richard Serra Verb List" to pick three words at random. To randomize the selection I used my friend Trey; I closed my eyes and slid my finger up and down the verb list and Trey told me when to stop.Whatever word was the closest to my finger when it stopped I chose. At the end of this process I came up with three verbs:
To Fire
To Tear
To Suspend
 I have yet to decide if Im going to use all three, two of the three, or just one for the final project. Guess we will just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment