Monday, November 7, 2011

"Tension"

At the beginning of this project I was given two words, disarranged and tension. I chose to use the word "tension" for my piece. I used the sport of basketball because it is something I do nearly everyday of my life, and to me there is no moment that is more tense and nerve racking than the end of a basketball game when it is close. I also used my favorite basketball player, Carmelo Anthony and put him into a situation where he is going to shoot the game winning shot. I did not choose to use Carmelo because he is my favorite player, I chose him because he is one of the most clutch players in the NBA. Everytime the game is on the line for his team he is always the one that steps up and takes the game winning shot. I also input some text into the piece, I tried to make the text sound like it was a sports broadcaster announcing the final moments of the game. The purpose of this text is to show how important the shot is, and to create a little tension within the piece. Also, I used the question at the bottom to play as a basketball court. If you notice, the two pictures of Camelo are balanced across the top of the font as if he was standing on a basketball court. The question that Carmelo is standing on top of reads "does it go in???". I purposly put this question there to create tension and to leave the viewer with a cliff hanger. So after viewing my piece what do you think? Does it go in???

No comments:

Post a Comment